how do you guys deal with frags?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaybird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got some monitpora cap that's grown quite large and some candy cane coral that has grown so much that it's crowded itself out. What do you guys use to trade frags? I'd rather trade than sell.

You can look on the local section of forums, watch for frag swaps, or see if there is a local reef club in your area. Sometimes your LFS will take them in trade but they won't give you much for them usually.

Any guides on fragging candy cane also should I be target feeding mine?

Don't have much experience with candy cane coral. If i remember right it is a branching coral. If so you should just be able to snap off a group of branches down towards the base and you will have your self a frag.

Candy canes (and the majority of coral) will get the food they need from the water colum and left overs from feeding your fish. If you would like to see faster growth you can supliment them with target feeding. Be careful though because it can foul up your water with all the extra food going into the tank. Higher nutrients in the water may cancel out any additional growth you would get from target feeding.

Back
Top Bottom