if you could have any fish..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
slitherbomb said:
A shark. But hopefully that changes soon! My friends and I are thinking of using a big kiddie pool to use to keep a bonnet head shark.

You and your friends might want to cut back on the drinking and thinking.LOL

Aquaman. aquaman. He's gotta be in a acrylic tank though so he doesn't try to bust out :brows:

Queen angelfish! I saw some in the Bahamas. I think you could buy them somewhere.

George9 said:
Queen angelfish! I saw some in the Bahamas. I think you could buy them somewhere.

But you can only have the one queen angel, they fight.

I want a fat green dragonette. One that eats regular fish food.

Gregcoyote said:
But you can only have the one queen angel, they fight.

I want a fat green dragonette. One that eats regular fish food.

I didn't know they fight, but it doesn't matter because probably never getting one!

You guys are coming up with some crazy fish! LOL I thought I had high aspirations with a purple tang or a black one! hehe If only they werent like $200 and $1000 each I would for sure get one.

Haha Carey gotta think bout your dream fish, unless a blue or black tang is your dream fish. I'm thinking bout like $10000 fish :)

I was watching that new show Tanked. They do fish only, but it was kind of horrifying watching $300 angel fish being thrown into city water with fresh salt added, maybe there is more behind the scenes than that. In my years of diving, I have seen queen angels every now and then. Always exciting, but frankly, I would hate to see one in a tank.

I think I may just be more realistic. lol The pruple tang might become a reality one day if I can part with the money. But that would be years down the line from now. I don't ever expect to get a black tang unless I hit the lottery and even then it would sting spending that much money on a fish. i was beside myself when i lost a couple hundred $$ worth of fish in my 125g holocaust a few months back.

Gregcoyote said:
I was watching that new show Tanked. They do fish only, but it was kind of horrifying watching $300 angel fish being thrown into city water with fresh salt added, maybe there is more behind the scenes than that. In my years of diving, I have seen queen angels every now and then. Always exciting, but frankly, I would hate to see one in a tank.

I was just talking to my coworkers about how they just setup a tank and throw fish in there today. I can't watch that show it give me the worst case of tank envy.

I was just talking to my coworkers about how they just setup a tank and throw fish in there today. I can't watch that show it give me the worst case of tank envy.

I havent caught that show yet, but is that what they really do? Just add fish to a tank with no other precautions? cause if thats true, thats just great.....now all sorts of fish will be subject to the same advice from a stupid tv show.

I may have to tivo it once and see what its all about

Someone should talk to the show people. Millions watching for advice on how to set up a tank, when all their getting is how not to set up a tank. :( they need help

carey said:
I think I may just be more realistic. lol The pruple tang might become a reality one day if I can part with the money. But that would be years down the line from now. I don't ever expect to get a black tang unless I hit the lottery and even then it would sting spending that much money on a fish. i was beside myself when i lost a couple hundred $$ worth of fish in my 125g holocaust a few months back.

I had problems with purple tanks coming in with ICH.

Hondatek said:

There's a new fish show called tanked?? What channel is it on? I'm gonna record it even if they give bad advice.

My friend caught a queen angelfish, French angelfish, and all these cool animals when he was diving, but they all got wiped out by ich.... So sad

Back
Top Bottom