Is this Bad??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I posted a while ago about how i saw these little wor/shrimp looking things on my live rock. I just turned my light on this morning, and there were a TON of these things running around on my sand!! They are way too small to get a picture of. But they look like small shrimp or invert of some kind. I have also seen dead ones floating around. Does anyone have ANY idea?!

they are pods very very good to have :) my guess the dead ones ya think you are seeing are just molts :)

Well awesome!!! I've been testing my water recently, and my ammonia levels have been zero the last two times. My nitrates are at about 40 and Nitrites are at 0. On the bottle it says that with Nitrates, 0-40 is the ideal range. Do my levels seem ok to you guys?

40 is definitely on the high side of what you want. Is this a newly cycled tank? What type of filter are you using? Source of your water?

I agree, 40ppm of nitrates is a bit high. Look for possible causes and try to correct them.

I think the cause is because of a recently added fish. Hopefully they will go down over time?

imo that should be enough to raise it that much:-/ but on a good note nitrates are not as bad as nitrites or ammonia :)
do you have a deep sand bed?
are you using bio balls by chance?

Back
Top Bottom