It Finally happend to me.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vermonter310

Aquarium Advice Activist
Woke up this morning to a pulsing...sucking sound coming from the basement, I thought for sure something was going on with the furnace but as I rounded to corner I saw it...........the concrete floor was a very dark grey instead of it's normal light gray appearance. I looked up to see my 29g freshwater tank half empty ( pessimist ) 15 or so gallons in the tank and 15 or so on the floor! I didn't have much time to rectify things before work, it was 4am. So I siphon ten remaining gallons into a soon to be Q-tank 10g I have sitting empty. Net the fish and empty the 29g, add the heater and off I go. I didn't move the PF because at that point I wasn't even sure what had failed. Turns out it was/is the tank. cleaned it all out, dry it and fill about a quarter full with fresh clean H20. All looked well for about 30 mins, then it started to leak at one end. I still can't see where it's leaking from but it definitely is. The tank was assembled in 97, only 7 years ago but it has been moved several times. I have a yet to be filled All-Glass 72g BF. Boy I wish it was acrylic..... :(

SOrry to hear about the leak. If you want to reseal the tank take a look at our articles area. We have a new one about resealing tanks.

that reall suck. how long had the tank been set up? did all the fish make it or is it too soon to know?

So far all the fish seem to be doing just fine.....thier color is back this evening and everyones eating.

I will look into resealing.....however it probably won't see display duty. I somehow don't think the wife would appriciate a few dozen gallons of water in her new carpet. Hmmm.....perhaps using it as a sump under the 72 ??? set in a rubbermade tub just in case ???

The tank was taken down and moved (new house) in October.

Back
Top Bottom