Liverock question / Thinking about quitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dinotrex

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm thinking about quitting on Saltwater and switching the tank over to Freshwater. I have about 45 lbs of liverock and still some inverts and a yellow tang in the tank.... I've posted classifieds to sell them but no one seems to want them so I guess my question is can I take the liverock out of the tank and leave them out of the water? Will Liverock be deadrock if I don't leave them in water? I was thinking maybe I'll just put it aside till I find a buyer.....any ideas?

Yes it will become dead rock once it dries out. If you are not in any rush to switch over then you should definitely wait to find a buyer, otherwise it's such a waste :?

Dinotrax
Try calling a LFS that sells LR and see if they will take it back and give you a credit...a lot of them will..not the $ amt you would pay for it buying it, but they will give you something!!

IT will be a waste to let it dry out... live rocks are sooo expensive, hate to see you quit so soon, I wish i were in SF, i'd buy them off you. I agree on trying the LFS. I've brought them all sorts of things from both my saltwater tanks and freshwater tanks, they've always given me credit for everything I've brought them. If not right away, always a great discount in future purchases.

Well If I wasn't a trillion miles from you I would buy your set-up. been wanting to start a salt-water tank for a few months now.

Most lfs that I know of won't buy lr because of the potential of medicating and other additives. I would say post on a few different sites and soon enough someone will be interested. I would be if I was closer.

Cheap LR is like gold.. I've seen many a bidding frenzy on ebay over the stuff. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom