Marginated Damsels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MANSTER

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone heard of these or know anything about them? We have some at the lfs, and they are quite uniqe in their coloration. I cant find anyting of them in any marine identity books.

i looked for the damsel on google and found this. I hope this helps you out. :D

Quick Stats
Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
Care Level: Easy
Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12
Temperament: Aggressive
Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 4"
Reef Compatible: Yes
Diet: Omnivore
Compatibility: View Chart
Origin: Red Sea
Family: Pomacentridae

The Marginated Damselfish, is also known as the Marginate Damselfish. This beautiful fish has a white body trimmed in black with yellow and light blue highlights edging the scales on each side of the body.
A 30 gallon aquarium or larger with plenty of rockwork and décor is ideal. Because it can tolerate substandard water parameters, it is a popular fish used for conditioning new aquariums. A small group of juvenile Marginated Damsels will add color and drama to most marine aquariums. Maintain this species with other semi-aggressive or aggressive fish, as they will become territorial as they mature.

The Marginated Damselfish feeds on a variety of meaty foods, herbivore preparations, and flaked foods.

Thank you tbomb! I will bring this to the lfs. They were a forced shipment and had no info on them.

Back
Top Bottom