Need advice with QT Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krisy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have started to set up 80liter/ 21gall Quarantine tank
I have on and in it:
Double whisper overflow filter
Aeration
1 pieces of Dead clean coral
2 pieces with Algae growth.
Bare bottom
Water is made from bought salt.
CoralLife Actinic Blue 7100K light
I have put in a a small piece of fresh fish to start the cycle.
I am new to this hobby so I need a little help. Is this setup sufficient and is there any suggestions to improve or change what I have.
I plan on putting new fish in the tank for a week before adding them to the main tank, and also as a quarantine if any get sick in the main tank, Touch wood they don't. I've also been told it's not nessesary to add corals to the QT , anyone have any opinions on this either.
I would rather not have the tank empty all the time, by using water to fill it from my main display tank. Just want to know of any special treatment the water needs, or special lighting etc etc.... All advice or opinions greatly appreciated... I'd like to hear what other people have set up in their QT's
:smilecolros:

Please check our articles area for a good article on setting up a QT tank. The best QT tanks are those that are not up and running all the time.

A good way to populate the filter with bactera is to run it on your display tank for a week or so. ALso if you plan on dosing in your QT tank you want the filter to be free of activated carbon.

Back
Top Bottom