New 20 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think aquatraders has dimmable ones but that 20 led one would probably be fine.

Bribo, I was referring to the one on eBay. The one you suggested.

And great. I'll keep that one in mind while I continue my search.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Vincent, thats a real nice fixture. But how much does it cost?

Edit: But that's a little out of my price range.

Yes the dimmable ones. The nondimmable would fry coral in a tank that size

I see. Thats why you were saying it would be pointless to buy a fixture only to run them at 10%.

It is a nice fixture though.

Did a 50% water change. Nitrates are below 0.05 ppm

For nem I'll go with R420R.

My 60w is dimmed on 75% and I have some algae and coraline growing on the rocks. SOme rocks are doing photosynthesis !?! (Bubbles on some rocks)

I can't give review about the Orbit fixture as I never had it. It was my first idea to buy this, but finally opted for the R420R 60w. Can't give a review on this too, I never grow corals with this light. I buy two SPS tomorrow, a frogspawn and a zoa.

I'll give you reviews, but everybody say they can grow anything with this light. For sure highlights corals won't be happy with orbit fixture.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's way out of my price range.

Like I said before, I'm not looking at spending a whole lot on a light fixture for a tank that I've only spent about $5 on. I really like the Marine Orbit LED fixture and all it's little features, but I guess they're mostly just for looks.

With that being said I'll probably just go with the dimmables from eBay. Thanks again though!

Went to the LFS for some sand and came back with two Clownfish as well! I believe they are OC although they were sold as Percula. Just thought I'd share.

Attachments

• 1388105985428.jpg
    1388105985428.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 1388106003031.jpg
    1388106003031.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 111
Got a 20 long at the dollar-per-gallon sale! Gonna buy a stand later today and will hopefully be able to move everything over to the new tank this evening. Not sure if anyone cares lol but I'm excited!

Orbit LED will do fine, as it's 24W. My R420R 60w is dimmed to 60%B 60%W, and it's too much on my 20g.

But you won't be able to grow some SPS with that light.

And dude, I care, I'm also exited as you, I just got my first 20g too.

What water did you used ? Is your tank cycled ? Temperature stable ? You know what's your salinity ? What about the KH/Ca/Mg ? Did you planned a protein skimmer ?

Your clowns look healty ? Do they eat ?

Haha I just wasn't sure if anyone still followed this thread. It's been a while since I've posted on here.

As for the tank, it's not set up yet, but I will be using the water from the current setup with the exception of a few gallons of new water.

Yes, the tank is cycled. I test my water weekly and also have the LFS double check for me. PH is at 8.2, Salinity at 1.025, Ammo and Nitrites at 0, and Nitrates are less than 5. I do not have tests for the latter.

No, I do not plan on running a protein skimmer. It is my understanding that one is not necessary on a tank this size.

And lastly, yes, the Clowns are healthy and eating :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In my case, I tought it was optional, but according to the amount of gunk my protein skimmer throws out on my 20g, I won't run a setup without it -.-

For the water are you using RODI ?

Happy that you found a great cheap setup.

Although protein skimmers can be very beneficial, I think I'll try my luck without one. At least for now. But thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

No, I am not using RODI.

And thanks. New setups are always fun.

I bought a RODI unit only for my 20g... But I know I'll go with a 75g+ with my new house in 3 years.

I'm just curious, what's your evaporation rate ? Me it's 2 GPW

I recently put a partial cover over the tank to reduce the evaporation rate, but before I did I was losing about 2 gallons a week. I never let it lose that much at once though. I top off every two days.

Back
Top Bottom