Powerhead for saltwater mixing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I use 3-gallon pails to mix my water for water changes. Any particular submersible powerhead you would recommend for mixing, that is fairly inexpensive?

I use a rio, just get something cheap that moves the water around, doesn' have to be fancy.

You just use a 3 gal bucket? What size is your tank?

Dont forget to add a small heater to the mixing container to get the water up to tank temp before mixing and before adding it to the tank.

I use a 30 gal trashcan to mix my water.

I use a 5 gal bucket to do water changes on my 30 gal. I just throw in an extra rio PH to mix it up.

how do u lift the gargbage pail lol? or u siphon it in the tank?

many ways to run the water up to the tank....such as some hose and a pump. or u can be old fashioned and dip a bucket in the trashcan :p

Well I use an old salt bucket and scoop out 6gal or so at a time. For my tanks that dont have a sump i use a maxijet1200 and 1/2" hose to pump the water then from the bucket to the tank. The maxijet 1200 can empty a bucket in less than 5 min at 5' head pressure. Of course if you held the bucket up a few feet the flow would increase.

Back
Top Bottom