Selling Coral Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ximat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Soim going to start selling off some of my coral. I already have some prospects, i just don't know what to charge.

I have a branching hammer coral with approximatly 30 heads on it, quiet large, about 8-10" across when its all opened.

I also have a frogspawn with 10-15 heads, each head itself is HUGE, all open its about 10" across.

I don't have pictures at the moment but can post some later.

Any idea what i might charge for these?

thanks in advance

The LFS sells at 10. a head. Are you going to frag them or sell them as whole pieces?

Probably just as one piece. The frogspawn definatly as one piece. The hammer i piece out?!?!

that would be entirely up to you. I would try to sell it as a centerpiece coral before I chopped it up though.

You`d be surprised. I had a colt coral awhile back that was only a few inches tall and it grew to be about a foot long. My LFS bought it from me for three hundred dollars and sold it to a guy that had a 500 gallon tank. So you know he sold it for more then he bought it from me. I bet some people that have big tanks would give you that much. I`ve had several people offer me 300.00 for my hammer coral but I dont want to part from it. (In my gallery)Hope you get what you want for it.

Wow, that is better than where I am at. Frogspawn and hammer usually go for $5 a head and frogspawn is hard to sell just because most everyone has it.

I sold a orange monti cap that was almost 10" across for $75 I think. LFS prices are higher but it is hard to get that from an individual. You would make more if you fragged it unless you can find someone with a large tank.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom