sick and tired of tank tint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
As some of you know, my tank has a yellow tint that i m trying to get rid of. I dont suspect that my tank has proteins as i have ran my protein skimmer for two weeks with tons of gunk coming out without it having any effect on the color of the water, i was wondering if i should replace the carbon and do a 50% water change. i think the color is due to the algae that resides on the glass.

Any other suggestions?

TIA

i would not do such a large water change. that can cause the fish a lot of stress you are much better off doing weekly 20-25% water changes. cleaning the glass will definitely help. other factors that can help are increasing water flow and reducing light in the tank. I used to have huge algae problems and that green/brown tint to the water but since I have cut down on light is is much better. you could probably use some more snails and live rock helps too. good luck

Run reef carbon for a couple of hours and your tint should be gone. I get the yellow tint sometimes too and that's what I do to rid it. I place reef carbon in a carbon bag, rinse it good, and place it in the sump.

YOu an also try running some Chemi-Pure along with the reef carbon.

Back
Top Bottom