Stocking my 45 gallon shallow reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Massimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's been a while since I've posted. If y'all are wondering my tank has been going good. I added a lot more flow to keep detritus from building up. Anyways on to the question.

I'm wondering how many fish I can have in my tank. So far I have 3.
Goldstripe maroon clown
Orchid Dottyback
Flame angel

I was wondering how many more fish can I add. My tank is 36x24. There's a lot of space for fish to have their own territory. I was thinking 2 more fish, maybe more?

Also, should I add a CUC? If so, what?

I have a bh1000 skimmer and I've just added a hob refugium with chaeto being lit by a jbj nano led light.

My tank is pretty much spotless of algae. My nitrates usually/if not is always at 0. Same with ammonia and nitrite. My tank is barebottom.

Id like to have some kind of wrasse or goby though. Any advice? Thanks!!!

I think you could get away with 4 more small fish since your tank is nice and wide. Since your bare bottom no sand sleeping wrasses. How about some type of fairy wrasse? I really like blennies too, they have a lot of personality!

Dang it, all three fish you have are territorial. I am especially concerned about your angel. They tend to harass newcomers. Hopefully yours is an exception.
Mccoskers flasher or lubbocks fairy wrasse are affordable and don't get too big. Either would be fine. Purple firefish or Helfrichi would add nice colors

Yeah they are territorial. Especially my clown... Lol

You can try a wrasse from Pseudocheilinus family. They are usually more on the semi-aggressive side and should be able to stand their ground. Mystery wrasse is cool. So is a six-line.

I've already had a six line, they are beautiful fish but I want something different this time. Id like to have open water swimming fish. Like chromis of some sort. But I want brightly coloured ones

It's a possibility but its more of a species thing when it comes to fighting ... Clowns are damsels so they don't like other damsels so I think Antias n dotty backs should be ok

Back
Top Bottom