Switching from wetdry to sump filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smithcinema

Aquarium Advice Activist
Question waiting on my lfs to finish my custom sump tank ... Will be taking out my wetdry and moving to a sump . Purchased a oversized swc skimmer for my 80 gal reef tank will be putting a filter sock and chemi pure and Purgen in it .. My ammo,nitrites,and nitrate is 0 now ,hope I am making a right move !! But tiered of hearing on here and my lfs and every book I read that u can't use a wetdry on a reef tank and u must have a skimmer so I'm making the move but will my tank spike on the change over with so much bio loss ??? I am also running a fluval g6 and 3 reactors filled with chemi pure ,carbon, and Purgen I plan on not changing them till 2 weeks after the switch to keep as much bacteria on them as possible

It really depends on what you have in your tank? I'd say you'd be ok, but watch your parameters and do PWCs as necessary.

About 6 fish , 8 corals , 25 invertebrate and 90lbs of rock and live sand tanks been up since oct 1 , inhabitants in nov 1

Back
Top Bottom