Tank move 65 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hydrolite

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, I'm getting ready to move into a new house and need to move my 65 gallon saltwater fish and reef tank. I could probably use some tips or suggestions for making the process go smoothly.

I actually found my tank leaking from the bottom seals a few months ago and had to replace the tank. When I did this I just removed the LR and inhabitants and kept them in a 30 gallon rubbermaid tub for about a week. I ended up buying all new sand and then added everything back into the new tank successfully with no losses. Soo I'm thinking of using the same process but using 5 gallon buckets for the move and not replacing the sand. Here are some pics of the leak transfer.

Attachments

• 02-27-11 65gal inhabitants in storage bin.jpg
    02-27-11 65gal inhabitants in storage bin.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 175
  • 02-27-11 65 gal adding water and sand.jpg
    02-27-11 65 gal adding water and sand.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 02-27-11 65gal adding inhabitants.jpg
    02-27-11 65gal adding inhabitants.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 03-27-11 65gal full view.jpg
    03-27-11 65gal full view.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 132
Move quickly and smoothly and try to keep your car around right temperature to help, I move all my tanks with substrate in it with a tad of water just enough to keep wet, I've actually seen my friend move tanks in her trunk with fish and everything in it with a low water level, seemed to work surprisingly well but it was quick never seemed to bother fish almost seemed better on them then netting and containering them, this was freshwater though but stll outrageously funny driving 30km through town with high tension, tank probly didn't like it though

Back
Top Bottom