Transfer from 75 to 210

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe this is some kind of Cyno too however its very hard if not impossible to remove from live rock. All glass walls and pumps/wavemakers are cleaned down. The only place is on rock. At night it looks like its going away and then by morning it starts darkening up again. I tried useing Chemi-clean once to slow down the process however I'm just at a loss for words.. I even left skimmers on while useing Chemi-clean just so I knew I changed out enough water;).. probably changed out 20 gallons in 24 hours.. It actually looked much better for a day however I don't want to use this stuff unless I have no choice. I always was told as long as your fish can eat majority of food in 60 seconds then your good. I will cut down to one cube in morning and night. (Are we talking same size cubes in a 3.5 OZ box?). I only do a pinch of pellets/flakes however no more afternoon snacks.. I check my levels all the time and nothing stands out.. I have 2 different test's for nitrates just in case one test might not be accurate.. Hell, I have test kits for just about everything except silicates.. Maybe my rodi filter needs to be changed? I might buy a test for that... Ughhhh, so frustrating, just when I thought I had this hobby under control.. As for the AquaC Remora Pro skimmers, each one can handle up to 120 gallons and believe me when I say I always have positive results from these skimmers.. Both work fine together. Well, thanks again for everyone's advice, have to keep a very close eye on things for the next few days...

I would feed 1 cube in the morning and maybe a pinch in the evening I have 12 fish in my 180 and feed 1 cube every 3 days (3.5 oz box) they get a small pinch of flake every day as well as a half sheet of nori on the off days. A fish's stomach is only as large it's eye, is the rule i use to feed Remember any food you put in there gets converted to poo. And we know whats good for.

so true, so true.... Thanks again for all the response's. I defintely know one thing, I'm over feeding for sure.. Ever since I cleaned all pumps and cut down the feeding I'm already seeing this cyno start to peel off rock and some on sand bed and its floating to top.. I'm thinking this is good. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom