Two tanks, one Refugium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadManMac

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it a bad idea to have two tanks connect to the same fuge? I want to set up a second smaller tank, more like a nano, and I thought I might just connect it to the same fuge as my 60 gallon reef. Any thought on this being good or bad?

I would say that it depends. The only bad thing, is that if something goes wrong with one tank, it will spread to both. As far as good things, it would be better on your nano than if you didnt have a fuge.

i would say that the good outweighs the bad, but thats just my opinion.

I'm going to hook up my next tank to the same sump (100 gal) and will probably end up adding a fuge to the system as well. I figure the more water volume the better. You just have to make sure to watch your system and catch any problems early, but you should do that anyway.

how do you plan on getting the water back to the nano? Only bad I see is if for some reason your nano stops pumping into the fuge and the fuge keeps pumping into the nano...... Then you have all the water from the 60 in the nano.

Back
Top Bottom