yellowhead jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I added one of these guys to my tank on Friday afternoon and have yet to see him. Is it normal for them to be this shy, I am told they like to stick to thier retreats.

I have a yellow watchman goby that I have seen only 6 or so times in over a year. He has his spot under a rock and hides any time someone is in the room. The only way to see him is to walk softly in at night with the room lights off, then as soon as he catches a glimmer of movement he's gone again. We have thought he was dead several times only to see him again months later.

my purple firefish hid for the first day or so before she decided it was ok. Now she is out all day and sleeps in her cave only at nights.

give him time. he is probibly just scared. Have you figured out where his home is???

-Matt

he'll come out. just give it time. It's easier for them to get food if they come out to the front of the tank, so even if the little guy is in the back right now, he'll eventually come out. I've got two that did that for about 2 weeks and then eventually came out to the front because it was the easiest way they could get food....... now mine swim around all the time and go back in the hole when they get tired of swimming...

Mine hid for a day, and I was worried I lost one of them. I've had mine for three months, and they are out all the time.

Back
Top Bottom