Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
feels so good to finally type this, 20 gal long is up and cycling.
21 pounds of live rock
1 dead shrimp
plans for stocking are
2 ocellaris
1 royal gramma
1 yellow watchmen goby
1 longnose hawkfish
few condy nems
a few mushrooms
comment away

pics coming soon, maybe tonight, a day or 2 at most

from my experience don't get the longnose + with that dotty back it is alot of aggressive for that tank seems stessful on those clowns. I truthfully just would never get another longnose hawk again because it terrorize the other fish in my tank and it limits you from having shrimp

Sounds like a great stocklist! All very interesting fish! Have fun with your tank!

do you think the stock list is safe together, also can i have shrimp with a longnose

zacheyp said:
do you think the stock list is safe together, also can i have shrimp with a longnose

Unfortunately, a Hawkfish will eat your shrimp. I have never owned a Hawkfish, but I have read this.

no shrimp with a longnose he will hunt it + i think the tank is too small for it to begin with

would the setup work if i replaced the hawk with a clown goby or some other peaceful nano fish

yeah but be aware that even though the dottybacks are small they will be aggressive so i would add it last to the tank.

i always get that fish confused looks so much like a dottyback lol. I havent had one so i am not too sure says minimum of 30 gals might want to reconsider. liveaquaria sets pretty legit parameters for the minimum a fish need to be sustained. whats your equipment?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Longnose Hawkfish in my 90 gallon reef leaves my Peppermint Shrimp alone. He even lets my TINY Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (less than 1 inch) clean him. Based on my readings, I have concluded I have a mentally insane hawkfish :) So I would go with no longnose.

I would recommed the Green or Citrinis Clown Goby. I am getting a green one for my future 29 Biocube :)

I have decided to push it a bit and go with 6 fish plus inverts.

2 ocelarris
1 (yellow) watchman goby
1 royal Gramma (not dottyback)
maybe 1 longnose (more reasearch to be done about them with shrimp)
1 NANO fish tbd, all suggestions welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom