Where to buy fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JosephCamacho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I live in San Antonio Tx (GO SPURS GO!!). I would like to know what fish store is highly reccomended in San Antonio Tx

Pet Frontier doesn't have a huge selection but Jim and Penny are really good people.

I have not been to Texas Tropical but I hear it is pretty good.

If you ever pass through Austin there are some good stores there as well.

I always recommend local breeders. Just about all the fish we have (and we have a lot) have come from our local club. I don't know anything about this club, but it may be worth checking out since it is local to you.

Hill Country Cichlid Club Main Page

I am a member of the Hill Country Cichlid Club. Of course, the membership is highly focused on cichlids as opposed to peaceful community fish.

If you are in San Antonio the FOTAS convention starts tomorrow and has free admission.

What is the FOTAS administración?
Erm.....convention? FOTAS is the Federation of Texas Aquarium Societies. It is basically an organization that includes representatives from the major aquatic clubs in Texas and Oklahoma.

It starts tomorrow night. There is a variety of things going on but mostly it is speakers who will talk on a variety of topics. The schedule is posted below.

Everything except the banquet is free admission.

Schedule of Events for FOTAS 2014
Friday
5:00 PM Facility open to all. 1400 Schertz Parkway, Schertz TX.
5:30 PM Pam Chin – Why I am Stuck in a Tanganyikan Rift
7:00 PM San Antonio Aquatic Plant Club - Planted tank build
8:00 PM Steve Edie’s Aquatic Knowledge Challenge. Eight club elimination contest

Saturday
10:00 AM Steve Edie – Lake Tanganyika Cichlids
11:30 AM Pam Chin - River Trip - Rio Negro
1:00 PM Kathy England – Pond Plants
2:30 PM José M Gonzalez - Life on the edge, a perspective of Mexican and Malagasy endangered fish
6:00 PM FOTAS Banquet and Awards . *This is held at the venue across the parking lot from where the previous events were held*.
10:00 PM All exhibits, show entries etc. must be cleared from facility.

Sunday
9:00 AM Auction registration
11:00 AM All species auction begins.

I bought some lyretail killies from there a few days ago.

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom