10 gal hoood got wet..and shorted out. will it be ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it florescent or incandescent? How wet did it get, Submerged, sprayed, etc? Was it on when it got wet? Did it trip a breaker? How do you know it shorted?

it was on. it won't turn back on now. circuit did not short. submerged =( very briefly

some electronics dry out and are fine... others not. A flourescent fixture to me would not be ok because of the ignition in the balast. I have however seen cell phones dropped in pools and live a happy life after drying out. I would attempt to try it, off the tank of course, after time... but thats just me. Im pretty sure on the other hand that canopies for 10 gallon are fairly cheap. When you do plug it back in after drying out, plug it into a GFCI with the fault button on the outlet, probably in your bathroom or kitchen. If it shorts, it will pop that breaker rather than zapping you.

=****( i am unemplyoed and so poooor at the moment. i can't afford another fixture. please let it dry and work. please!

FishyPeanut said:
=****( i am unemplyoed and so poooor at the moment. i can't afford another fixture. please let it dry and work. please!

I may have a light fixture that would fit a 10 gallon tank. If drying it doesnt work PM me. If i can find it ill just charge you shipping for it :)

-Pleco

Back
Top Bottom