10G Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cant order online, because my parents don't want to use card to pay

bruinsbro1997 said:
You can always ask your local fish store to special order them for you, they do that for me.

Oh cool, but my closest LFS is fiesta pet shop and they treat their animals there like ****, so I go to petco(my petco is really clean) and maybe later on to petsmart

So, a sunset gourami plus a few guppies would be pretty well stocked for a 10g IMO. I actually do not suggest finding a school of fish too. That might be pushing it.
Since you suggested a few guppies and the gourami as something you want, I think that would be a good choice. :) If you start with that, you can always add more fish later if you think they would fit, but I think the bioload from 3 guppies plus a gourami would be about all 10g could comfortably deal with. JMO. I strongly suggest you pick between finding a school of embers or neons or guppies to go with your gourami.

absolutangel04 said:
So, a sunset gourami plus a few guppies would be pretty well stocked for a 10g IMO. I actually do not suggest finding a school of fish too. That might be pushing it.
Since you suggested a few guppies and the gourami as something you want, I think that would be a good choice. :) If you start with that, you can always add more fish later if you think they would fit, but I think the bioload from 3 guppies plus a gourami would be about all 10g could comfortably deal with. JMO. I strongly suggest you pick between finding a school of embers or neons or guppies to go with your gourami.

I'm going to first get the 3 guppies first though,1 male 2 females

What about having 2 red tailed black variatus(my brother wants to choose fishes too)?

Not with the guppies and the gourami. Its just not a big enough tank for that IMO. If you wanted just 2 guppies plus a variatus and the gourami, that would be ok IMO. Or, get the variatus instead of the guppies.

absolutangel04 said:
Not with the guppies and the gourami. Its just not a big enough tank for that IMO. If you wanted just 2 guppies plus a variatus and the gourami, that would be ok IMO. Or, get the variatus instead of the guppies.

Any other fish I can possibly add to gourami & guppy??

The only thing I would personally consider would be a pair of otocinclus. They poop less than platys.
Ghost shrimp would be cool too. Sometimes fish just eat them, but they decently sized so your fish woiuld hopefully leave them alone. Ghosties are pretty cheap though, so it won't break the bank to try a few of them. :)

The only thing I would personally consider would be a pair of otocinclus. They poop less than platys.
Ghost shrimp would be cool too. Sometimes fish just eat them, but they decently sized so your fish woiuld hopefully leave them alone. Ghosties are pretty cheap though, so it won't break the bank to try a few of them. :)
i was going to get at least five of them, but any other suggestions?
and how about red-blue tetra?
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3955277&lmdn=Live+Pet

Do you mean neon tetras?
Regardless, my answer is the same that its just too much in that size tank to have the guppies plus the gourami and a school. But, once you see the guppies and the gourami all swimming around in there, it won't seem empty, especially when the fish get older. :)

Of course, my answers are based off my experience with fish-keeping and some people may have other opinions. Not all fish-keepers agree about things. I have had a 10g tank for awhile and I know form experience that over-crowding a tank that small leads to problems. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Of course, my answers are based off my experience with fish-keeping and some people may have other opinions. Not all fish-keepers agree about things. I have had a 10g tank for awhile and I know form experience that over-crowding a tank that small leads to problems. :)

How big do they grow though??

^^^ no they get too big and active.
Can I suggest you search the forum for 10g sticking threads. They will give you an idea of what can go in a ten instead of just throwing names out there.

Back
Top Bottom