10G Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's floating even though it has roots, my fish uproot it -.-

Some plants can grow floating, though I'm not sure if java fern can. Are you sure it's java fern? Could you post a picture please?

What fish uproot it? If you tie it to the driftwood it will root itself onto the driftwood so that no fish can uproot it.

Goldfishes & koi( yah I no it's small, but it's the best I can do, I've had them for a year, they always swimming towards me, and as soon as the Christmas tree is moved or at least I move to a better and bigger apartment imma get them a bigger tank)

It's not on driftwood

Attachments

• image-245354136.jpg
    image-245354136.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 53
Goldfish and koi?! I'm sorry I'm not trying to be rude but you need to rehome those fish ASAP! If you've had them a year they may already be stunted. How many do you have?

I koi 4 goldfish, they look like they're good and until I move or move the tree, I can't upgrade and I always do a 75% water change every 2 weeks
My uncle has it worst thought, he has like 17 goldfish(from walmart, the around 30 cents, like around an inch each in a 20G, and they die in a few months)

SkullAngel said:
I koi 4 goldfish, they look like they're good and until I move or move the tree, I can't upgrade and I always do a 75% water change every 2 weeks

Thats an incredible amount of fish for a 10g tank. Koi are pond fish. They can reach two foot in length. 75% every two weeks won't be cutting it with the water changes. Try 2-3 50% a week. They are VERY high waste producers and the nitrates would be getting out of control very quickly. High nitrates can cause burns to gills, damage to eyes and cause the fishes immune system to weaken letting disease take over.
So basically they may 'seem' ok but in fact they are not. They really need to be rehomed to a pond or LFS. No tank is suitable.

SkullAngel said:
My uncle has it worst thought, he has like 17 goldfish(from walmart, the around 30 cents, like around an inch each in a 20G, and they die in a few months)

That's horrible. They are commons or comets and need to be housed in a pond. The rule with goldfish is 20g for the first fish and 10g for each after that. This does not include common, comet or koi. They belong in ponds. No wonder they die.

Mumma.of.two said:
At least you know now and can choose to rectify the problem.

Once I get the bigger tank, I'm moving the goldfishes there and make the 10 into a tropical, so far my list is 1 HS gourami, an 3 fancy guppies, ghost shrimp too

Just so you know your looking at a tank in the 100s of gallons to support those fish. Not a 20-30-55 or even a 75g.

So 1 HG and 3 guppies. You could add a school of small/nano fish like 6 ember tetras but then you'd be fully stocked.

Idk where to find ember tetra thoguh.
But I mightbjust stick with neons.

Back
Top Bottom