125 gal community tank - bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thecostas

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!

So we have a 125 gal that we are migrating all our 65T gal fish to and converting to salt.

I have a 20L that is divided with two male bettas. A fellow aquarist/store owner asked if we were going to add them to our 125. He said if we had a well planted tank with caves/hiding places and added them at the same time on separate ends they would be fine.

The fish going in it are mollies, danios, tetras, catfish, tire track eel, 2 dwarf pleco and a dinosaur birch.

I think Oryx would be fine. He is very chill but Bob is a complete ahole. They are both sexually mature. From everything we have read and researched you can't have two males in the same tank.

Thoughts?

This is a pic I took during cycling. We have added more plants since.

9dbaf62fe3f88b90f04ccdf02e69b10b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally, two bettas are fine in a large enough tank as long as there are enough hiding places.

I see the bichir eating the bettas, mollies, danios and tetras.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We have heard mixed reviews on the bichir eating fish. He is a baby and our mollies are 4 inches. We were told that he is fine with middle to top swimmers. I was worried since the bettas like to hang closer to the bottom. We have a large tire track eel who is hand feed like our baby bichir and he doesn't even look at our fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom