29 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TaiN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have a 29 G tank that was pretty much insta-cycled from gravel and a filter that was in use from a 10 gallon. Now I have one AQ 50 and one AQ 20 running in this tank. Been running for 3 weeks now. I have in this tank

5-white clouds
6-male guppies
4-neon tetra's
2-albino cory's

Last of current stock was added last weekend. I'm letting the tank balance out for awhile longer before I add anything else. I must admit all these fish get along great. I don't want to add anything aggressive or nippy at all. First I will probably add more neon's so they don't feel so alone but what else would go good to top out the tank?

Thanks

I would probably add a couple more cory cats. They really prefer to be in groups of 4 or more. Also, what temperature do you keep the aquarium? White clouds are sub-tropical fish, so they do not like water as warm as the tetras and guppies.

I did notice that temp difference on wiki when researching each of them. I keep the tank usually at 76.

Would it matter if I got more albino's or would it still count if I got lets say 2 panda cory's?

76 is on the high end for the minnows, but they should be okay. I don't think color variation matters any. You could get the 2 panda corys, they will shoal together regardless of color variations from what I hear.

you know I noticed that one of my cory's would not calm down and just hang out any. It keeps swimming the sides of the tank (all of them) all day long. They both were doing that right after I got them but at least one finally deiced to chill with everyone instead of trying to find a better tank? Is that typical?

would a Dwarf gourami go well in this mix?

you know I noticed that one of my cory's would not calm down and just hang out any. It keeps swimming the sides of the tank (all of them) all day long. They both were doing that right after I got them but at least one finally deiced to chill with everyone instead of trying to find a better tank? Is that typical?

Yes this is the cories normal behavior. They are very active little catfish. This will come out even more once they are more comfortable. I would up your number of cories to 4-6. White clouds and tetras are schooling fish so you want atleast 6 of each of those. A dwarf gourami should go perfectly with this mix. You might want to add some inverts like shrimp and snails too :)

Back
Top Bottom