40 gallon breeder tank NEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeyfishguy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I'm new to this and was looking for some advise (don't know if i posted this in the right spot)

Just seeded and fished cycling my new 40gb

I was wondering stocking ideas
I currently have a planted tank with iron rich substrate and 100watts of light and the fish that are in there now are

1 Bolivian ram (Very calm and friendly)
4 neon tertas
5 X-ray tertas

I'm thinking about added more neons and X-rays plus a school of harlequin rasboras and I wanted to add another bigger fish I was thinking pearl groumis or Angels
Any other idea will be great
Also have a ivory snail

Skip the angel!
LOVE ,LOVE,LOVE pearls!
and keep up on testing your water.
Tetras are pretty sensitive to 'new' tanks.
Bump up schools before adding a third IMO.
Then possibly Harleys would be a nice addition.
Plant people will talk lights with you but many do LEDS.
Welcome sounds like you have yourself a good start!

Thank you! And you think the pearl will be ok with the ram (he's very nice but I don't want him to get upset)

Thank you! And you think the pearl will be ok with the ram (he's very nice but I don't want him to get upset)

Boy I hope they would be OK together.
They both have very similar 'wants' as far as water and should not mind each other at all IMO.
I would get a male if you were not going to get a pair.
Why only one Bolivian?
I breed GBR and Pearls and personally want a tanked packed with only those two fish!!(not packed but very close:whistle:)
The Bolivian is better matched IMO(and many others) as far as temp goes .

Well I had him for about a year in my old 20 and I wanted to give him a friend and did and he beat it up so I don't want to give him another friend and have him(or her idk) to fight again, maybe in the 40 he will be ok

I don't know he's happy I think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom