40 gallon stocking plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ucdchan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone, I've been lurking this forum for awhile and finally decided to create an account. Anyways, I just purchases a nice 40 gallon TruVu tank from craigslist. And I'm deciding on my stock list, so when it finishes cycling, i can start adding fish.

I'm aimming for an active tank with semi-aggressive fishes. It'll probably be lightly planted (Java Moss and Java Fern). I have a bunch of lava rocks and some caves, and ~6 fake plants.

Anyways, here's my list:
- 9 Tiger barbs (3 tiger, 3 Albino, 3 Green)
- 6-8 Tetra Serpaes
- 1 Red Flame Gourami (moving from my 10g)
- 3 Albino Cory Cats
- 1 Red Tailed Black Shark or a Pair of Kribnesis.
- a bunch of ghost shrimps (they're breeding like crazy in my 10g)

Tanks Measures: 36x15x16.

What do you think about that plan? Any suggestions and comments are welcome. Thanks!

Potential problems I could see would be barbs and tetras nipping at the gourami's fins and the shark bullying the cories. I haven't kept gouramis or RTBS, but those are issues I think I have read about.

Oh, and welcome to Aquarium Advice :)

Thanks Majolo. Would Otos be more compatible with the RTBS?

Also, if there're other fish that will be compatible with this tank that you can suggest, that'll be great. I was going to get a brittlenose pleco at first, but I didn't like the way they look.

I'm using Pool Filter Sand as substrate if that makes any difference.

Back
Top Bottom