5 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No luck from petco or my other LFS. Petco said they'd order some for me

The fish petco ordered for me won't be in until December 2nd, but I won't have time to get them then, so they may sell before I can get there.

You can always put a hold on fish. Sometimes Petco will let you do that with fish, products, tanks, anything, if you ask nicely :)
I will call on the 2nd and see if the fish have arrived, and ask them to hold them. good idea! :)

They didn't even order the fish. :( no other place has them. I need more ideas on stocking. The only thing I can find that I wanted to stock is red cherry shrimp. Any other ideas? I really want to put something in that tank, other than guppy fry. :(
I need something more common... what are some other micro/nano fish?

Somebody please reply!! I'm desperate because today is the only chance I will have to go to the LFS for at least a month! :(

bruinsbro1997 said:
Ember tetras? Sparkling gouramis? Mosquito fish? Endler's livebearers? Nerite snail? Dwarf puffer?

I checked for dwarf puffers. No luck anywhere. :( I haven't checked for sparkling gouramis... how many could I get?

bruinsbro1997 said:
What's your current or planned stock?

It was a school of chili rasboras, a scarlet badis and some rcs. Can't find anything. :(

It was a school of chili rasboras, a scarlet badis and some rcs. Can't find anything. :(

Could you possibly order online or is that not an option???

IMO you could only do a trio of sparkling gouramis.

Try looking for ember tetras or nerite snails. If you can order online, Severum Mama has some.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Could you possibly order online or is that not an option???

IMO you could only do a trio of sparkling gouramis.

Try looking for ember tetras or nerite snails. If you can order online, Severum Mama has some.

Ordering online isn't an option right now because
A) I don't have the money
B) I would order from severum mama and hn1 but they can't ship to me until spring because my area is too cold and they don't have ba heat pack that lasts long enough

I called all my LFSs with not luck on embers. I have seen nerite snails and have some, but I want fish or at least RCS...

One of my LFSs actually does have dwarf puffers. But not at the moment. They will on Friday, and my birthday is the next day so maybe my mom will take me there because its my birthday. I hope! Which do you think is better? A dwarf puffer or the original planned stocking?

Darn :(

Guppies??? That's the only commonly available fish I know that will be able to fit in there. I know you don't want a betta...try to see if any of the LFS have any small killies available. If not see if they have espei rasboras. I know those are iffy but at this point I'm just pulling out whatever I can think of.

bruinsbro1997 said:

Guppies??? That's the only commonly available fish I know that will be able to fit in there. I know you don't want a betta...try to see if any of the LFS have any small killies available. If not see if they have espei rasboras. I know those are iffy but at this point I'm just pulling out whatever I can think of.

I wanted a betta but was told that they do better in longer tanks... my tank is only 5 inches long and wide square. But a betta would be better than nothing imo. The only rasboras my LFSs have are harlequins. No killies available.

bruinsbro1997 said:

I had guppies in there before but got tired of them.... I have some I could use though.

I was able to find 4 red cherry shrimp... now that's a start... but I can't find anything else so I am just gonna get a dwarf puffer. I will move the RCS out before though, of course. LOL I am not going to feed a puffer a snack of 5$ a shrimp

Back
Top Bottom