50 gallon - stocking thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AgilityIG

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am starting to cycle my new 50 gallon... it is SO pretty with the painted back and the sand - LOVE it.

Right now I have six Black Sail Cory Cats, two Dwarf Gourami and two Mystery Snails in my 20 long. Once the 50 is done cycling, they will move up to the "big house" :king: I would like to add a small school of Boesemani Rainbows and more Cory Cats (I just love my little cats!).

Would you do six more cats of a different variety or six more Black Sail CC's?

Would a school of six Boesemani Rainbows be comfortable in that setting?

I might add a couple more Mystery Snails - one of mine has quite the personality - he just zooms around the tank and loves to climb up high and then let go and float to the bottom and then off he goes again - cracks me up!

I would add six of a different variety of CC's. Thats the beauty of those guys is there is so many types. make sure to post some pics when your done with the 50!!

Thanks Chad - I have read that the two different types may or may not school together. I just think they are a hoot to watch. I had three at first and they kind of stuck together, but when I added the second set of three it was just amazing how different they were. They love to fly across they tank (as much as one can fly in a 20 long - LOL) in a long line.

This is the tank tonight... I am hoping that this cycle goes fast - I am going to put one of my existing filters from the 20 on this tank to speed things up - and the stump is from the 20 gallon.

856307232_DWBHV-M.jpg

I have some peppered cories and zebra cories and they will school togeather for a while and then break off and go about their business and then repeat the cycle. Pretty funny

Back
Top Bottom