5g QT too small for 6 cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
A few weeks ago I acquired a 5g hexagon tank to use as a QT tank for fish I bring home before adding them to my 29 tank. I was wondering the other day if this tank would be okay for six, very small albino cories? I would have them in there for about 3-4 weeks while doing the QT. Or, should I just go with three to begin with? I have live plants in the QT tank and I could easily add used filter and filter media from another tank to help with the cycling.....

I don't see why not. For a month they will be fine. An extra water change or two might be needed. I would seed the filter when putting them in. I love my albinos, good luck with them.

I think that is too many for a 5 g tank. They like moving around. I have a hex and I only have a guppy in there. I did have 3 in at a time and they looked miserable so I took them out.

Exactly, I would never suggest that as a permanent home, but it would be fine for a few weeks for QT purposes.

Back
Top Bottom