6g Jbj Nano Cube Scape opinions needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sfgiants415

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I had this tank as a saltwater for a couple years when I was in college. When I graduated in May of this year, I decided to sell everything and convert it to a freshwater shrimp tank.

It is similar to a bio cube so it has a built in wet dry filter in the back. The only problem with that is that the shrimp can easily get sucked through the intake and I didn't want to deal with wire mesh so I decided to cover the back wall with a 3d background.

I bought it online since it was at a very good price ($22 shipped) and it probably would have costed more to make it myself. It was precut for a 10 gallon so I cut it to size.

I had to empty the already cycled tank in order to properly install the background. I had a seeded sponge filter run for back couple weeks until the cycle was fully completed.

I put the sponge filter in a one gallon and will dump fish flakes in their until I refill the tank. My water is extremely hard here so I plan on using RO water with a remineralizer.

Today, I went out and got some manzanita from my LFS for a pretty good price. What you will see is how much I got for $5. It isn't sandblasted but I'm glad it wasn't because it matches the background and sand very well. I boiled the branches several times to avoid any tannin leaching.

Now, here's where I need opinions. Do any of you think I should add some stones or more manzanita? Should I reposition the branches? The only flora I plan on putting in there for now is softball sized portion of java moss I have in my other tanks.

I'm currently dumping off all my RCS stock in order to fill this tank up with Blue Velvets.

Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated!

NOTE* I apologize for the sideways picture. I have the aquarium advice app on my phone and it constantly does this to me.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130707_100659.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130707_100659.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom