75 gallon cichlid tank discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
So basically I have a 75 gallon,that used to,hold a convict,cichlid oscar and a featherfin catfish. So my Oscar after 4 years to annoy died due,to a tumor so in,the last 2 weeks I added 2 fish a firemouth and a jack Dempsey all is well So far. There has been minimal,chasing due,to all my,plants at,caves there's plenty of,territory to stake out. So basically my,question is could I add some type of,schooling,fish to like 4 spotted silver dollars the smaller variety,that,get about,5,inches. Or maybe giant,senior or,denison barbs? All thoughts and replys are helpful :)!

IMO in dealing with the JD that my brother has, she eats anything that she can fit in her mouth, so considering this, make sure to put in sizable fish. (No guppies! We had her eat 1 as a test.)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh I,know lol Jack's can,be aggressive but,with correct tankmtes and as long as you add teammates while they are still young,they are generally pretty well behaved.

IMO you will have more interesting tank with a group of Firemouths. Their personality and colors really comes out when you have a group. I had a firemouth tank for years and it was one of the most interesting tanks.The only reason I got rid of them is I got tired of all the babies lol.

So here's a game changer I got,rid of my convict so now I only,have the firemouth jack and Featherfin could I potentially add something like a green severum,or,blue scars and,4 spotted silver dollars?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom