75 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Src531

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’m looking to stock a new 75 gallon tank once it is done cycling. I currently have 7 tiger barbs and 6 panda corys in my 40 gallon. I am looking to transfer all of them into the 75 eventually. Looking for stocking ideas that would be compatible with what I already have.

I was thinking of adding one rainbow shark
A school of zebra danios
And 5 Odessa barbs

Is this too much? And I’m open to any other suggestions that I can put with my tigers and panda corys.

With a 75, one thing I would suggest is doubling the school of Tiger Barbs: they'll be more likely to expend their aggression on each other in a larger shoal, rather than on the other fish.

Rather than Odessas and danios, I might look at bottom dwellers such as some form of catfish or loach.

Thank you! I’ll definitely double the tiger barbs school

Would a Bristlenose pleco, maybe 3 SAEs, 1 rainbow shark and adding some green tiger barbs to the school work?

The pleco and the green tigers oughtta be okay-- as far as I know, the greens and the standard coloration are the same species, just different colors. The shark is more iffy, especially with your cory cats, since they're all bottom dwellers and sharks are territorial, but I'll let someone with more experience with them pipe up.

As for the SAEs, I've had 2 in a 75 gallon and they did...okay. They did better once the tank was established and they had algae and bio film to nibble. But I didn't really get to see them happy until I moved them from the 4ft long 75g into a 6 ft long 100g tank-- they went from hiding most of the time to being out and about constantly. Both tanks were heavily planted as well, and they enjoy skimming the leaves, rocks, and driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom