A Dreadful Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I began the pain staking, long, mournful task of taking down my beloved 90 gallon planted community tank. I will be serving a service mission for my church for the next two years. It is though to take the tank down, but there is no way my parents should have to take care of it. So far I have taken off and tried to clean the auto dosers, the co2 injection and one of the two filters. I am planning on donating my fish to a wonderful local fish store. As far as all the equipment I am planning to keep it after all I am nowhere near done with this hobby! Just putting it on pause for a while :)

Some of the parts to my fluval 305 are very nasty I assume soaking them in a bleach mixture over night will help to clean it up, or at least lessen some build up?

Here is the tank as of right now... R.I.P. little guy...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130624_152249.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130624_152249.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 120
Beautiful tank! It's not easy taking one down, especially after you put countless hours into it. But it will be soo much sweeter when you get back home and get going again.

Dang. Good luck with the mission and keep reading on the hobby something new and awesome will be waiting when you get back.

Dang. Good luck with the mission and keep reading on the hobby something new and awesome will be waiting when you get back.

For sure! I am hoping there will be some big leaps with led lighting. Thanks!

Don't feel sorry! I am just being dramatic! I will use this opportunity to upgrade when I set it up again... how about a salt water reef with the 90 gallon as a sump and the display tank somewhere around a 180 gallon! Everyone on this form should understand this philosophy! :D

Don't feel sorry! I am just being dramatic! I will use this opportunity to upgrade when I set it up again... how about a salt water reef with the 90 gallon as a sump and the display tank somewhere around a 180 gallon! Everyone on this form should understand this philosophy! :D

Upgrades are always fun!

Just dropped off the fish to my favorite fish store... lucky store I just donated +50$ worth of fish

Best of luck to you....great tank! I heard LED s would be plant friendly in a year or so. Onward to new adventures.

Back
Top Bottom