A Good suppliment to flake food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kilo90

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a a tank of consisting of mollies, tetras, platies. What is a good suppliment to flake food for these type fish? Many of the things I consider while at the petstore say that it's for larger fish than what I have. Would brine shrimp or something work?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Feeding

Yes, there are many types of food you can feed these fish. Brine shrimp is fine and fish generally love them. If you're gonna raise live ones, be sure to rinse them in fresh water before feeding them. Most of the fish you mentioned are top to mid water feeders so I would stay away from anything that sinks really fast. Freeze dried tubifex worms are good. They come in a cube that you can stick to the side of the tank and the fish will come up and nibble on it. Freeze dried dapnia can also be fed, but not too often. Bloodworms are great too...either dried or frozen. You can get brine shrimp in dried cubes or frozen...just break off what you need and put the rest back up for later. You can feed them veggies too. My platies and guppies loved a piece of zuchini now and then. Even a crushed up green pea.
Logan J

i have given my fish both dried bloodworms and brine shrimp along with their flake food...they NEVER touch the shrimp, even if i crumble them small enough and my gourami's will swallow the bloodworms but spit them right back out...i have a dwarf frog also so i drop in sinking granules that say they're for goldfish, but he eats them up...my giant gourami eats them too..i also go back and forth between two brands of flakes just for a change

food

All my fish love the bloodworms and the brine shrimp. Isn't it funny how they can have different tastes and preferences? Guess they're more like us than we give them credit for :) .
Logan J

Thanks for the input. I'll give both a try and see how they like them. I'm sure it will be a welcomed variation to their diet, unless they are just addicted to the flakes.

Back
Top Bottom