advice plz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandomGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 5.5 gallon with 2 shrimps (ghost + amano), a small zebra danio and a small white cloud in there, im going to get a filter and heater tomorrow and wondering what else i could add in there? Also, im going to be purchasing a 10 gallon in the near future 8). Any input would be appreciated. TIA.

I would suggest you leave the white cloud in there with the shrimps and then move the danio to the 10g when you get it and it's cycled. It will appreciate the extra space. Keep in mind that white clouds are from locations where the water temperature is cooler than where the danio comes from as well, and can become ill more easily at high temps.

White clouds may not be appropriate for either set-up, as they are not really compatible with the danios and they need to be in decent-size groups. Considering taking the shrimp and the danio and moving them to the 10g, then trading in the minnow in exchange for something that will do well in a 5.5g (a betta or dwarf puffers come to mind).

Stocking a 5-gal is very tricky, and it is hard to put any kind of schooling fish in there. I keep some Endler's livebearer's in one as a fry growout tank, but I think I would get a betta or do something with frogs or crawfish or something. Maybe even a shrimp and snail tank. My danios were not too happy in a 10gal during quarrantine, as they like a lot of lateral room to zoom around. I have kept white clouds in groups of 3 in a 5gal, and they actually wound up breeding, but they do prefer cooler temps, as mentioned.

hahaha i know what you mean sawnandmokashi, i have 1 yellow betta now he's in a 2.5 gallon i was planning to him to the 10 Gal, that i will get soon and add some otos. as for the zebra danio guess i should give it back to the lfs ... :roll: . thx.

If you don't take your danio back to the LFS, then buy 3 or 4 more to join him...they don't like to be the only one of their kind....they are schooling fish. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom