Ahhh!!! Stocking!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am trying to stock my 26 bowfront and it is not easy! I want a predatory fish to feed guppies and ghost shrimp but apparently most of those get to big.... I wanted an African Leaf Fish (and bought a Bush Fish accidentally that went back to the store) but my LFS cant get it. Amazon leaf Fish seem to difficult and are too pricey. So any predatory fish that will fit in a 26 bow?! It HAS to be compatable with South American Bumble Bee Cats!

If I cant find a suitable predator I may just do a mixed community.

Thanks and God bless!

Can't think of any thing. I'd get some serpae tetras since they're pretty aggressive.

How about a paradise fish? A lot of people feed them small guppies, but I've no idea of their compatibility with the other fish you mentioned.

I like the paradise fish. Would a 26 bowfront be big enough? And what could he live with? I want to have something to swim around like a tetra.

azmodan said:
How about a paradise fish? A lot of people feed them small guppies, but I've no idea of their compatibility with the other fish you mentioned.

Common paradise fish and albino paradise can be pretty aggressive I actually don't recommend them for community tanks so it could work for you. The black paradise fish are more timid and peaceful. Just remember they only get around four inches albinos seem to be a bit smaller so make sure nothing will try and eat them or pick at them

Common paradise fish and albino paradise can be pretty aggressive I actually don't recommend them for community tanks so it could work for you. The black paradise fish are more timid and peaceful. Just remember they only get around four inches albinos seem to be a bit smaller so make sure nothing will try and eat them or pick at them
I am not worried about them getting eaten!! I wont get anything that big! Is a 26 too small for him?

Cool maybe I will do that. What can i house them with?

They will attack pretty much every other fish that can go in a 26 gallon. If you want other fish other than just paradise fish in your tank than I'd suggest not getting paradise fish and maybe consider gouramis

Most gouramis that I really like are kinda big....

Cool maybe I will do that. What can i house them with?

A lot depends on the their individual personalities but I'd say in most cases they're definitely better on their own. I've heard some people have had successful with buenos aires tetras but 26g might be a tad small for them. Paradise fish are really beautiful and you could definitely feed them small guppies from time to time but they're prob not what you're looking for if you want other fish in your tank.

A lot depends on the their individual personalities but I'd say in most cases they're definitely better on their own. I've heard some people have had successful with buenos aires tetras but 26g might be a tad small for them. Paradise fish are really beautiful and you could definitely feed them small guppies from time to time but they're prob not what you're looking for if you want other fish in your tank.
They are pretty and I actually have buenos aires tetras lol

Back
Top Bottom