Ants and fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquali

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How bad are ants for fish? Some ants decided they wanted to try getting some fish food flakes around the mouth of my biorb instead of getting food most of them would fall down the whole and my betta would eat them is there anything I should worry about or just keep an eye on my betta, and hope none of the ants had anything nasty on them.

Um. I'd try not to let the ants get eaten by the fish or anywhere around the fish food. Ya never know if the ants had poison on their feet from somewhere.

So I'll watch him I didn't know that they were falling in until after the fact I saw one go in I have an ant trap setup where they are getting in so hopefully no more will fall in, I had been cleaning all morning came up and notice the ants falling in. The food was just particulates left over on the top the food container is always down stairs with my larger fish tank I bring up his food in a never used medicine measure device

How bad are ants for fish? Some ants decided they wanted to try getting some fish food flakes around the mouth of my biorb instead of getting food most of them would fall down the whole and my betta would eat them is there anything I should worry about or just keep an eye on my betta, and hope none of the ants had anything nasty on them.
It depends on the species of ant and where it has been, but if nothing happened right away, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just keep an eye on him. Feed him some shelled peas to help move his digestions along to get the ant bits out faster.:)

Back
Top Bottom