Anybody kept Turquoise Rainbows and RCS Together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltair

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a couple Turquoise Rainbow fish and have always wanted to add RCS to my planted tank. Everything I read about the Rainbows talks about them likeing Brine Shrimp and Tubifex worms, and they also talk about their narrow throats and need for small foods so I thought I might be ok. I ran the combination through aq advisor and there was no conflict mentioned. A couple days ago my best LFS had four RCS and I grabbed them up at $4.99 per. I added them to the tank in the evening a little before feeding time, and one of the Rainbows snatched an RCS on the way down, but spit it out without killing it. I watched all four move around the tank that evening. Yesterday morning I could only find one hanging out on a moneywort leaf. In the afternoon I couldn't find any of them and haven't seen one since. I dont know if I just cant find them in the large planted tank or if they didn't handle the transfer or if the Rainbows ate them. Nothing else in the tank would bother them. I have been looking at some for economical bacthes on aquabid, but dont wont to provide the rainbows with another $20 snack. Anybody kept this combination?

I can't keep anything smaller than my rainbows in my planted tank or they devour them. Cycled my tank with about 10 neons. They all survived that but disappeared one by one after I added rainbows.

Really. I have 5 Espies, 6 neon, a couple tiny rasaboros that are smaller than the shrimp, and two otos. No trouble until the shrimp vanished.

Back
Top Bottom