Aquarium tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CynicalGriffon3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon community tank and was wondering if I have to many inhabitants in my aquarium.
I have 1 male red veil betta
4 harelquin Rasboras
3 Otocinclus catfish
2 ghost shrimp
5 amano shrimp
1nerite tiger snail
1 nerite zebra snail
I have a filter rates 10-30 gallons and do weekly water changes but I'm kinda worried if i overstocked and would have to buy a 20 gallon Becuase I dont have any room for a bigger tank.

No that doesn't seem over stocked to me, you can always check on AqAdvisor.com if you want, as long as you keep up with water changes once a week you'll be good!

A rule of thumb I use is 1 oto cat per 5 gallons, any more than that and I'm not sure there is enough algae/biofilm to support them.

I have a 10 gallon community tank and was wondering if I have to many inhabitants in my aquarium.
I have 1 male red veil betta
4 harelquin Rasboras
3 Otocinclus catfish
2 ghost shrimp
5 amano shrimp
1nerite tiger snail
1 nerite zebra snail
I have a filter rates 10-30 gallons and do weekly water changes but I'm kinda worried if i overstocked and would have to buy a 20 gallon Becuase I dont have any room for a bigger tank.
I also forgot to mention that my aquarium Is fully stocked with live plants and driftwood too.

Back
Top Bottom