Are Angel Fish Peacful Community Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never dealt with this but just read a post today on unhealthy fish forum of someone asking the same thing. I believe they started treating with ich meds but you should check out the post... http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/black-spots-237506.html

Ohh thanks I did just read this post... But the black dots on my gourami aren't like that one... There tiny specks all over his body...

Wow who thought fish could have soo many drama =s

Thanks for all your help =))

Can you post a picture? I've really never seen anything like that. Are all the fish getting them because if they are my "guess" would have to lean towards some type of parasite.

These are the best I can do... They look like larger dots in the pics.. But there like the size of a pin head, but sort of clustered together

Attachments

• image-2385320691.jpg
    image-2385320691.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3888884299.jpg
    image-3888884299.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1190508166.jpg
    image-1190508166.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 78
The golden gourami as it the worst.. And it seems to be irritating him, he's constantly trying to scratch his side on everything ..
And all the glass catfish seen to have them to... I'm not sure of its just how the glass fish look, or of they have the same thing as the gourami
(and I'm sure it's impossible to take a decent photo of the glass fish to show you) ... But I did buy the gourami and the glass fish from the same shop at the same time...

But as for the other fish they don't have any ..

This has me really curious so I did alittle reading and this is the only thing that even mentioned "black dots".... don't know if this is it but it's kind of interesting.

Digeneans are endoparasitic flukes. They have two suckers, one at each end. They have an indirect life cycle, with fish acting as both intermediate hosts (carrying metacercaria larvae) and final hosts. Adult digeneans are usually found in the gastrointestinal tract, the larvae (which may be encysted) can be found throughout the body and cause problems if they invade such organs as the eyes (as does Diplostomum) or heart, in high numbers. The larval stages of digenetic fluke parasites (Clinostomum, Posthodiplostomum and Diplostomum) cause black spot in aquarium fish. Praziquantel is the treatment of choice. As a bath, for 3-6 hours, it is dosed at 5-10 mg/L, repeated for three doses, with a 30-70% water change between dosing. Praziquantel may also be dosed in the feed, at 5 mg/kg of fish, or it may be injected intraperitoneally or intramuscularly, dosed at 5 mg/kg (exoticpetvet.net internet info)

Also found this... Small black specks on skin.Black SpotSmall fish worms (Diplostomulum).

Article written Gareth, copyright The Planted Tank

Also found this... Small black specks on skin.Black SpotSmall fish worms (Diplostomulum).

Article written Gareth, copyright The Planted Tank

Ohh great!! Thank you so much =))
I will have a look on google for treatment

Just a little update on my gourami and a question
... I went to the fish store from where I purchased him. Told them the problem.. Showed them the picture...
The guy at the fish store said he didn't know, must be caused from bad water etc... I explained to him it's not from my tank.. My water is good I've been testing it everyday =s...

Then I looked at the other Gourami's (the same tank I brought mine out of) and they all have the same thing.. >=\ anyways I told him this and he still wasn't sure, he took a guess at a bacteria thing.. So I've been treating for that.. And no change..

Ok so here's my question, how do u treat for parasites??

I would treat the tank for flukes. Skin darkening is a symptom and it can be a pain to get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom