Asking for a 55 For X-mas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rach101

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im going to ask for a 55 for Xmas, and i want to stock it with Female bettas and catfish sorts, and maybe other types, but i want the main point of the tank to be on such.
Any ideas for how many bettas and (( What kinds )) catfish I can stock. And What should I add first, how many and at what intervals.
I wouldnt want to pay more then 20$ for a catfish.. However I would make that exception for a few such as queen arabasque plecos.

...Yes I overslept..By uh..Four hours.. Sorry school .-.

Rach, we gotta fix that alarm clock, don't we????

Do I need to place a phone call to you in the morning. :whip:

Oh yeah, your post.... good luck with the Christmas present.

Actually, I sort of woke up but my foot was too swollen to walk. Mind you that was three hours before my initial wake up time.. and I went back to sleep.. But.
.. * coughs * .... O.O No i think i can wake up just fine now lol

Oh and, I wouldn't mind a larger catfish or two, but I also want some cories and such aswell.

You could get some upside-down catfish, they're supposed to be great for a community, and something different from the typical cories.

Well I'm not sure how well Female bettas and upside down catfish would go together. Thats the one definite I want, is that i want the centerpiece of the tank to be the female bettas and catfish.

I've never heard anything whatsoever bad about the upside down cats. They're supposed to be just as peaceful as any cory would be, from what I understand.

all you want for christmas is a 55 tank a 55 tank, all you want for christmas is a 55 tank....lol

i couldnt help but think of that song when i read the topic!

I hope you get it and make sure to have everything planned out ahead of time. Good luck! :D

i wouls suggest rapheal cat fish. dont know if that is their real name but that is what our local fish store calls them. i have never seen them anywhere else. they are black with white stripes all down the side of them. they are really peacful and look really cool. if u can find a pic it is a good catfish to add

I wonder how much they would cost.. I've seen them though, they are beautimus.

I was also wondering if it would be better to order the Female bettas off of a site like Liveaquaria, then to go out to the store and buy them for five dollars each...even though..itd..be..saving..them.. * Wipes tear from her eye *

._. I don't really mind if they arent gorgeous.. (( Aka. The site has beautiful bettas that will make rachels wallet bleed ))

If you like the raphael catfish, there is also a spotted one. I just acquired mine for free- beautiful fish! :D

BTW I really hope your mom buys you the tank for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom