Best 5 Gallon Betta Tank Kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My friend recently came to me and asked that I help her upgrade her sister's betta. He was given to her sister (who doesn't have much interest in fish) as a gift by a supposed "fish expert" friend in a one gallon bowl with no filter, heater, or even silk plants!:eek:
I'm in the process of upgrading another person's betta (man, might as well start a betta rescue) to a five gallon and want to do so for the other betta as well.
What tank kits have you guys used or which ones would you recommend? I know most don't come with a heater, we can get that separately, but I'm most worried about the filter. I know I could always baffle the flow, but I'd rather get a kit with a decent filter that doesn't make tons of noise, blow the betta all over with the outflow, or suck his fins up.
Thanks. :)

Fluval Spec V is a very nice tank, if you find that the current is too strong you can easily cover the outflow with a chunk of foam.

The TopFin 5.5 gallon kit is great! Its so quiet and the LED lighting is bright and beautiful. Found at petsmart only though. $30 for the kit which includes the lighted hood, tank, and 10 gallon filter

Back
Top Bottom