Betta color concerns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412234432.730377.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412234455.833419.jpg

This is my first time attaching pictures to a post so I'm hoping these come through and aren't huge.

This is my betta, Hermey. I've had him since he was little, he's probably about eight or nine months old now. Recently though, within the last month or two, underneath his mouth has turned black as (hopefully) you can see in the pictures. I'm a little concerned about it, he's changed colors a few times since getting him. At first he was pale bodied with blue and white fins...then he turned into a violet color with red fins, and now he's at his current color. And then just under his mouth went black. When he flares it's blue with red outlining that's exposed. I'm wondering if this is something to be concerned about or just him settling into his big boy colors.

He seems happy and active, I've got him in a 5.5 gallon tank, filter with a baffle to keep the current low, heater that is set at 78 degrees. He's building bubble nests all the time, follows me around, good eater.

Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom