Betta fish has something on its eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gingimaru

Aquarium Advice Activist
My betta fish has had something on its eye for a few days now. it doesnt seem to bother it at all she is still swimming around happily no stress stripes or anything but i'm just worried it wont come off and that it is slightly affecting or could inthe future affect her vision. any advice as to what i can do? it happened after a recent water change so she may be ok when we do our next one but i'm unsure

it looks to be a bit of dirt or something as when she turns i can see the edge of it so its not all flush against her eye

unfortunately no its a curved tank and its notoriously difficult to get a picture. it looks like a small white fleck of something. i think its something thats landed on her eye and stuck like just generic bit of crap floating round the tank.

and i dont have any exact figures no i done tests before and they were all within normal levels and since then have done weekly 30% water changes.

Gingimaru said:
unfortunately no its a curved tank and its notoriously difficult to get a picture. it looks like a small white fleck of something. i think its something thats landed on her eye and stuck like just generic bit of crap floating round the tank.

and i dont have any exact figures no i done tests before and they were all within normal levels and since then have done weekly 30% water changes.

Knowing the levels could help a bit. Do you have a testing kit on hand by any chance?

It kinda sounds like a fungal infection...IDK. The best thing to do is change the water.

well it seemed to happen just after a water change which is why i think its just crap on her eye. but if it is how do i get rid of it.

i will be doing another test in a week or so when i have cash to splash on a £10 a pop test kit. i just dont have the cash to splash out £30 everytime i want to test unfortunately

Gingimaru said:
well it seemed to happen just after a water change which is why i think its just crap on her eye. but if it is how do i get rid of it.

i will be doing another test in a week or so when i have cash to splash on a £10 a pop test kit. i just dont have the cash to splash out £30 everytime i want to test unfortunately

Did you clean out the filter also when you did the water change???

I'm wary of using medications, and I've never used them so I can't say what works and what doesn't.

The best thing to do is PWC daily perhaps and feeding less.

Gingimaru said:

Look on line for the test kits. It will save you so much money. If the spot on the eye gets bigger I would recommend that you use some kind of natural medication. They seem to work best IMO. good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom