Betta friends :p

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex93

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my betta upgraded from a 1 gallon tank to a massive one (not shaw on size but it's huge lol) half the time I can't see him and it looks empty so can someone give me a list of fish he can live with :) preferably colourful ones

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It generally depends on the Bettas personality on what he can be kept with. Anything with long fins like guppies will be a problem. People generally stick to inverts, and Corys for Betta tank mates. Anything colorful will cause conflict generally.

How old is the betta and what are the tank dimensions? It's hard to suggest tankmates without knowing the size, and "massive" means different things to different people ;)

My primary concern with suggesting tankmates is that bettas who are added first to a large tank will tend to decide the entire tank is their territory... Therefore any new additions are seen as intruders and are attacked. Introducing them young helps mitigate this, but as a general rule I usually suggest adding the betta as one of the last members of the tank.

Oh I added my betta first......I added 3 of my Molly's from my other tank at first he chased them for a bit but now he's being fine with them iv done my tanks all Wong really my small tank that is gravel with fake plant has 2 Bolivian ram 2catfish 1angles fish (all baby's ATM. ) and dome guppies and Molly's we're my big tank witch it's sand real plant and lots if stones and pebble for hiding places ( will find the sizes out tomorrow) had 3 Molly's and a betta

I have corys with my betta. They look really cool with the betta

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Would I be able yo move my angle fish and Bolivian rams into my tank with my betta ? Part from the betta there all baby's lol

Would I be able yo move my angle fish and Bolivian rams into my tank with my betta ? Part from the betta there all baby's lol

Probably not. Bettas and angels do not generally mix

Sent from my iPhone

What about my 2 Bolivian rams ?

May be ok... Rams tend to stay more towards the bottom while betta will tend to lurk at the top, so their territories shouldn't conflict. If the rams start to breed they may take offense to the betta and beat him up pretty bad.

An angel with a Betta sounds disastrous. A few tetras in a school large enough not to nip is you best option and inverts or corys

Back
Top Bottom