betta nipping! need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi I have a male betta in my community tank, he's been there for 5 months now, but noticed today one of my guppies tails has been nipped I,ve had no problem before with him so I'm not sure what to do. The only other tank I have is 2 gallon which was what he was in. Any advice would be great.

Keep an eye on him and if it continues to happen I would move him. Sometimes bettas can snap and decide tank mates aren't an option. 2g is a touch small IMO but not too bad (others will disagree).

Thanks for the reply, definitely watch him he's been ok with all the other fish so hopefully he,ll leave it. If I need to put him in the 2 gallon can I just use the tank water from the tank he is in now & take some media from it to set it up? I hope he behaves himself as he's a joy to watch. Cheers

shellyx said:
Thanks for the reply, definitely watch him he's been ok with all the other fish so hopefully he,ll leave it. If I need to put him in the 2 gallon can I just use the tank water from the tank he is in now & take some media from it to set it up? I hope he behaves himself as he's a joy to watch. Cheers

Yes. Moving media should avoid a cycle. Keep an eye on ammonia and nitrites though just in case.

Moved to FW and Brackish- General Discussion.

Great advice from Mumma of two. :)

Hi got up this morning to no casualties! So hopefully he,ll behave himself, would rather he was in my 180litre litres than a smaller tank. Thanks for advice

Back
Top Bottom