Betta Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will it be a drastic change in the water if I were, to say, put it in tonight? Or can I just install it anytime? (Sorry for the constant questions.)

IMO, filter cartridges are good until they start to fall apart. You don't want to replace them too often because that is where most of your good bacteria live! Just rinse it out in the water that you take out of the tank when you do your water changes, DON'T rinse it under the tap!

Oh, and once the old cartridge wears out, slip the new one in behind it (if you can) for a couple weeks before you change them out so the new one can build up some good bacteria. That way you won't stress out your Betta!

Fantastic advice. :) This is one of the most important and least mentioned aspects of fish keeping.

if the water is room temp prob not too bad, i would definitely not wait too long before adding one :)

Gah...Okay. Money, money, money...:p
But my pets are worth it. :D

I'm already paying for all my birds' stuff (vet fees, food, toys, everything). They aren't too cheap, not to mention I am a high schooler. ;)

Babysitting money and allowance is what I'm using. Practically have no money for anything else. I really need a job.

yeah, i get my money from allowance and mowing my neighbor's lawn :p

a few months, but my family (me, nobody else did anything :/) had a tank a few yrs ago, hbu?

As I said in my introduction, I've had average easy fish off an on since I was little, and I've been in love with parrots since I was little as well and that has always been my main hobby and focus. I think aquariums are beautiful, and once I move out I want to start my own saltwater aquarium. Might as well start learning now. :)
Unfortunately, no one in my family is as into pets as I am, and so I am very limited.

yeah, my parents arent to pleased about my new hobby ;) haha

I think there are a lot worse things I could be doing.

If I was to put in a heater, must I still be very conscious about the temperature of the water that's put in there?

You don't want the water temp in the tank to fluctuate too much so you should try and match the temp of the water going in to what is already there.
Sir Fabian is a great name btw, need pictures of your nobleman :D

Back
Top Bottom