Bettas and guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuck

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you keep bettas and male guppies together? Or will the betta get territorial because of the guppies colourful fins?

Matters in betas personality, I would do khuil loaches and a nerite snail

Well the thing is I'm looking at getting a small amount of RCS but I've seen at my lfs they have a betta in with there shrimp and they seem ok.

Stay small like neons and flames nothing looking like the beta

Ok thanks, would adding a female betta help to keep him happy and maybe make him more relaxed and less likely to want to eat everything? :p

Ok that's fine but back to my bottom feeder? What would he tolerate? And would go with shrimp?

I have 1 Panda and 3 Julli Corys with my king betta, they live peacefully. In fact they all rest on the gravel together. Like a little dog pile ha.

Hmm, most loaches eat shrimp but I think some black khuil loaches would work, there awesome little creatures

I've done a small bit of research after your suggestion and I keep reading that I need a sandy substrate but i have gravel, would this be a problem?

I've done a small bit of research after your suggestion and I keep reading that I need a sandy substrate but i have gravel, would this be a problem?

if the gravel is sharp then it will be a problem. if not it wont matter and they will bury themselves in the gravel

Also it keeps saying that they should be kept in groups of 5 or more and I don't think I could accommodate that many in a 15G

Back
Top Bottom