Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bettas Galore

I was wandering through Meijer yesterday and came across a male crowntail betta which I fell in love with and my sister bought him for me... He's now in my 8g tank. Then today I went to find some chili rasboras but ended up saving a female betta which was being tore up by some tiger barbs. Now I have a bunch of bettas!
Now I need help:
1. Would an angelfish and betta be ok together in a 55g tank?
2. Are female bettas any different than male bettas in care?
3. How do you help damaged fins on bettas?
4. How long can a betta be in a 2.6g tank? I want her to be happy but don't have a larger tank around...

PS. I'll post pictures when everyone is happy. And they're in their tanks?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKai View Post
I was wandering through Meijer yesterday and came across a male crowntail betta which I fell in love with and my sister bought him for me... He's now in my 8g tank. Then today I went to find some chili rasboras but ended up saving a female betta which was being tore up by some tiger barbs. Now I have a bunch of bettas!
Now I need help:
1. Would an angelfish and betta be ok together in a 55g tank?
2. Are female bettas any different than male bettas in care?
3. How do you help damaged fins on bettas?
4. How long can a betta be in a 2.6g tank? I want her to be happy but don't have a larger tank around...

PS. I'll post pictures when everyone is happy. And they're in their tanks?
1) Maybeô. Female definitely, male maybe.
2) Not really, but females can be a little more prone to jumping, which is important to keep in mind.
3) #1 is clean water. Meds might be needed depending on the situation.
4) Honestly, I think 2.5G is ok for a betta, but no smaller. I've heard 5g is the minimum, but I've actually seen at least one betta that was happier in a 2.5 than a 5.5.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua_chem

1) Maybe™. Female definitely, male maybe.
2) Not really, but females can be a little more prone to jumping, which is important to keep in mind.
3) #1 is clean water. Meds might be needed depending on the situation.
4) Honestly, I think 2.5G is ok for a betta, but no smaller. I've heard 5g is the minimum, but I've actually seen at least one betta that was happier in a 2.5 than a 5.5.
Ok! Thanks for all the advice. I'm hoping to get a bigger tank for the female betta in a month or so... But it's nice to know that she'll be fine
Old 12-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay, here are the betta pictures
Snow White:
Prince Charming:

Also: Would a sorority of female bettas be good with an angelfish in the 55g? Or should I just stick with just one female betta with the angelfish?

Tags
betta, bettas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com