Brooksters fish cave, yup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You just want(need) one of these(or more...)
Reverse Osmosis Float Valve - Bulk Reef Supply

Can't say on heater,but I have a 150w in one of my 40bs without issue so far...

New pisto:popcorn:

Want...need?! Have to have it. It's not bad for the ro.unit to be pressurized when not in use? I have a manual shut off to the unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Want...need?! Have to have it. It's not bad for the ro.unit to be pressurized when not in use? I have a manual shut off to the unit.

without a auto shut off you may waste water...
Although no water goes through the TFC it will still go out waste.....

1/4" Auto Shut Off Valve - Bulk Reef Supply

EVERYONE laughs when I tell how much I paid for my 6 stage deluxe!
BUT it came with everything I have mentioned so far .....PLUS!

So the water still goes through the ro membrane and gets flushed out waste water line?

So the water still goes through the ro membrane and gets flushed out waste water line?

I believe without the auto stop yes...
It only goes through the first stages but not the TFC(final before DI) if you are using a float valve as the membrane is closed but waste is open...

Ahhhhhhh I see, this float valve will be mine.

After nearly flooding the basement a few times and flooding the kitchen once this float valve you speak of sounds very nice...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I ran home at lunch to check. Got about 13 gallons in as many hours. New 30 is set up, tds at 200 with 33% ro. It really sucks having such crappy tap water at your new house when my old crappy apt. Had epic tap water...I'm going to sneak a hose down the street!!

Do you know how much waste to clean the unit makes? It might be worth buying the BRS 150 gpd water saver upgrade if the ratio is large. It says you need 65psi but mine works fine at just under 50psi

I ran home at lunch to check. Got about 13 gallons in as many hours. New 30 is set up, tds at 200 with 33% ro. It really sucks having such crappy tap water at your new house when my old crappy apt. Had epic tap water...I'm going to sneak a hose down the street!!

Your tap is like 300?

Calculate gallons and hours to then compare the claimed daily output to your efficiency...
13 g in 8 hours is 39/40g in 24 hours.
That's 1/2 of what 75gpd should do.
Pressure is really the key.

Do you know how much waste to clean the unit makes? It might be worth buying the BRS 150 gpd water saver upgrade if the ratio is large. It says you need 65psi but mine works fine at just under 50psi

I ran my 6 stage chloramine deluxe with an extra canister in front for 2 years on low pressure(under 40).
It basically took about 24hours to fill the 32 g Rubbermaid.
Just added the 150 gpd upgrade AND the pump so now have 65+ pounds after 3 canisters and make about6 gallons an hour....
It was nice not to have to buy it all at once but may have been cheaper.
I knew nothing of ro before my unit.
Spent over a thousand on distillers ,with last one being commercial 8g a day auto that burned up a $150 element in about one year...
So glad I went RO.
I can make my water how I want it no matter what!.

Man, you should keep fish at the ARC up here. When I was doing my discus project I could get 75 gallons of RODI every day out of a hose in the room with the tank, in 20 minutes. I dunno where it came from, not my problem, all I know was that it was EASY ;)

It's a 50 gpd unit. It did about 15 gallons over night. I think I'll just run it at night. Nothing else in the house pulling psi. I only need 30 gal a week at this point so it's all good! Is there any issue in adding ro to the tap water barrel and letting it heat and aerate for a day or two prior to wc?

No problems storing ro...
I usually have around 100g in barrels on any given day.
You seem to be producing a decent amount of water in proper time.
If you can make all your water in a day or 2 then you are all good just shutting it off when not needed.

No problems storing ro...
I usually have around 100g in barrels on any given day.
You seem to be producing a decent amount of water in proper time.
If you can make all your water in a day or 2 then you are all good just shutting it off when not needed.

I'm just going to leave it off when I'm not home until the float valve comes in. Problem with my house is the maze of copper water lines, my feed it split off the washing machine hookup so pressure is lower by the time it gets there. Once I get it all.straightened out I should have better pressure at the ro feed. I can't wait to get these new apistos! Havnt gotten new dwarfs in a while. I dunno gillie... no plants in this tank is bugging me already. May just throw some hornwort in there for cover.one sword??just one??

New apistos in the new home

Attachments

• 1452822321847.jpg
    1452822321847.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom